Saturday, September 19, 2020

Goodbye, Summer 2020

Since Summer is over calendar-wise I wanted to recap the highlights here publicly so I can remember them especially since it was a Covid summer. Here ya go:

PIB. I've never been to Put in Bay before. I went with some of Brendan's friends at the beginning of summer. I think it was the only "trip" I went on. It was the ideal combo of drinking, sun, games,  and feeling like you were on vacation. 

New glasses. I am too lazy to put on contacts 99% of the time so I treat getting new glasses as a pretty big deal because I wear them all the time. 2 out of 3 of my most recent pairs have been from See and after I got a new prescription I knew I wanted to get my new ones from there. My eye doctor appointment was made pre-Covid and I didn't want to reschedule it because when I made it months ago my eyes were feeling really weird. The pair I got isn't online but they're half tortoiseshell and half clear acrylic.  

sally looking for glasses
looking for my sunglasses. photo cred: Han


Getting Married
. Brendan and I got married 7.25.2020. I was kinda worried about transitioning into married life but it has been seamless (maybe because I haven’t thought about it too much)! Before getting married if I was at Brendan’s place more than a few hours I would feel homesick. I’ll do a separate post or two about the actual day at some point. 


Brendan driving penske truck
Bren driving the big truck



Moving. My little apartment on  Goodale Park was the first time I've ever lived by myself and I loved it! I loved my little place and loved being in walking distance of everything I did. It was TBD if I would just keep it or not when I got married until literally like 3 weeks before the wedding. I forget how it went down but I think I was just like lets do this about me moving to Dayton. I always couldn't stand Brendan's place and would never select to live there lol. I think its because you can't walk anywhere, the windows look on to a parking lot, it's a condo so other people are like right near you, there's basically nothing redeeming about it but after living here somehow I am slightly fond of it. Like I still can't think of anything I like about it but maybe its more of like the structure of where you live doesn't need to impact your life that much? I actually couldn't wait to get back when I was in Columbus the other weekend. I know, weird. 

New Maronite Parish. This has been my favorite thing about post getting married life. I was looking for a place that had evening daily Mass and found this Maronite Rite church super close that had a 5:30 one. The first time I went to Mass there it was just me and one other girl. Twice it has been just me (this has never happened to me pre this place!) it was really cool. I won't even try to explain the differences between the Maronite Rite and Roman Rite, part of the reason why I am so excited by it I think is like learning about the liturgical calendar and different dioceses and stuff. I love the liturgy so much, each day of the week has prayers specific to that day of that season. Brendan is a big fan too we hum the tunes from Mass a lot and St. Charbel has become a running thing. On Sundays (because of COVID) they have an outside Mass and there is a speaker so you can hear really well and the altar has a little tent over it and everything is still super reverent and the people are in front of their parking spaces mostly or in the grass.

Most worn article of clothing: Crocs by far. They are the only shoes I have worn besides the like 5 times I have worn Jacks. I ordered them after seeing the singer of this band that was playing in Bourbon Street Cafe wear them and like jump up and down and they looked comfy. This was right before everything shut down so super glad that happened. The only new things I've gotten are this really long and super comfy Amazon dress and Brendan got me this comfy Free People dress that I've been wearing. 

Shows watched: The only show I've watched the whole thing of is Yellowstone. I also watched a ton of Below Deck Med when it was on some weekend. I had never seen it before. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Yellowstone but I also got super into it. Rip is my fave guy in a show in a while.

Books read: Becoming, The Perfect Couple and Legacy (needed to read for work)

Movies watched: An Education, Us, Irresistible, Run This Town (I had never heard of Rob Ford lol), Late Night, Fatima, and 20th Century Women. 


1 comment:

  1. Aw thanks for sharing!! love reading this :) lol your glasses are a combo of your last two pairs. the Maronite Rite is so cool! can't wait to hear more about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete