Monday, November 30, 2020

2020 Gift Guide for Girls

I'm posting this gift guide at the end of Cyber Monday, the promos I mention were ones onsite at the time. It seems like the sales are all better this year and things are selling out more quickly. I would just do the usual check honey / the website for promotion codes, check affiliate sites like retail me not etc., check for welcome email promotions, and if you are into a particular rewards points / cash back program use that too if you want to get a deal but the CM promo is over.

This gift guide per usual is heavily influenced by things I have bought and use all the time or things that are on my list this year.

Cowhide Clogs


I just love these! I know there are limited places to go right now but these would definitely be a favorite during and after the pandemic. Sorry there are only like 2 sizes left, everything seems to be really selling out this year! Website advises to size up. These are currently 25% off in cart (through 11/30). 
Kombucha Kit

I have never made kombucha before so I can't vouch if this contains close to all of the needed things to make it useful (it looks like you need your own can) but it looks fun! Would be a good gift for someone who loves kombucha but hasn't braved making it.



dae hair mini kit

I've been wanting to try this shampoo and conditioner. the mini kit is the perfect size for trying out before committing to the full-size and the packaging is super cute for gifting. Amber Fillerup really knows hair and this has super good reviews. You can also get it at Sephora and it sometimes goes on sale.
Fuzzy Lined White Crocs

 I've said this a lot but I've worn crocs almost exclusively since March. I wear them with socks when it is cold but these fuzzy lined ones would really come in handy. I cannot recommend Crocs enough if you are looking for an easy and comfortable shoe. These are normally excluded from discounts so if you see them on sale it is def a good deal! They have outlets too and since the classic styles are the same there is no reason to not get them at the outlet but the last time I was there the promotion was kinda dumb like buy one get one half off and I couldn't talk the person I was with to also get a pair.

Beaded Flower Rings

There is currently free shipping on jewelry. If you know someone's ring size these dainty little flower rings would be a good gift or obvi good for yourself, they look cute stacked. 

Faux Fur Slipper Boots

My mom got these recently and the insides are SOOO soft. Anthro currently has 30% off everything. With the increased time at home these cozy slippers are even more timely. I change into pajamas around 6:30 these days and would wear these while I work.

 

Blue Cocoon Coat


Coats are one thing I think I have too many of and would need to donate some before I introduced anything new BUT if you don't have a cocoon coat they really are an ideal non-puffer winter coat. The structured look is very flattering they make you look semi put together no matter what you're wearing under it. The colors are usually really good, I'd say it is worth seeing in person for some of the limited ones. They are also warmer than most dressy coats. 

J.Crew always has sales but is currently 50% off + extra 10% (making this $164.25)

Nap Dress

Again, a rare thing to go on sale, this nap dress is currently 20% off. IMO the best plaid from the winter color dress launch was the one that sold out almost immediately. These dresses lend themselves to warmer weather wear anyways so I think I would prefer one of those instead of what is left of the winter prints. These dresses supposedly look good while pregnant (and I would also wear it after) so it fits into a kind of limited bucket of clothing that is currently appealing to me. 

Christmas Tree Napkin


I actually got these last year and used them a lot! It looks like the end of the shipping window is cutting it super close to Christmas delivery so if you are wanting them by then confirm with the seller. Cocktail napkins are a nice gift for someone that would use them because there are SO many different designs that you can usually find a perfect one for them (when in doubt I go the monogrammed route). Embroidery also basically always looks good.

JCrew Camera Bag


This is currently on sale for $49.50. I love this size of bag, I use my little straw circle one all the time and am looking for a colder month alternative. Mark & Graham has a similar more $ one that you can get monogrammed if you are interested in that.

Face Masks

These are my favorite face masks! These are a great little gift for anyone that likes face masks. Using these are part of my ideal relaxing weekend routine. Pre covid I loved using masks as part of my leisurely getting ready ritual.

Beaded Bracelet Kit


I love little beaded bracelets and love that this kit has lots of different beads. This might be hard to gift but I think it would def be a fun thing to bring on a group trip! Madewell has a more adult version for an individual bracelet here

Cobble Hill Turtleneck


The Cobble Hill is my favorite of the Dudley Stephens styles because of the length. I think look better with leggings or more tapered pants anyways so I don't think I would wear the shorter Park Slope one as much. These are a good gift because they are kinda $ for someone to justify buying for themselves because they are just fleece. I got one for my mom last year and we love twinning in them. I wore mine (sleeping etc.) from the evening of Thanksgiving until Sunday, I think they're great and I don't feel sloppy as when wearing a huge sweatshirt or something. 

These also are usually released in small ish quantities and sell out quickly. The black vello fleece (think regular fleece like llbean sweatshirt fleece) re-dropped yesterday and is only still available in XS and S. Tuckernuck currently has some of the short Park Slope styles and they have a sale for 20% off 

Charcuterie Kit


Charcuterie makes snacking more fun! If you aren't local to Ohio your city might have a similar local version, this company does ship nationwide though. This seems like a more fun mail gift than an open in person gift idk why.

StoryWorth Book


This is probably more beneficial to the giver than the receiver but the person you give it to will get an email with a question once a week. The question is about the person's life and they send back their answer and at the end StoryWorth makes them into a really nice book! I want to keep this in mind for sure when my dad is old. It reminds me of StoryCorps.

Reindeer Sweater

I had to include something from Oysho because it looks like they now ship to the US! This is super exciting news. They're the besttt place for sets, pajamas, and any comfy clothes. 


Check Twiggy Dress
Just including this because it is my favorite dress I've seen in a long time even though its basically totally sold out. 


here are the gift guides from years past: 2019 / 2017 / 2016  / 2015  / 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment