Sunday, February 2, 2020

What's Making Me Happy This Week

©Nat Geo Wild



1. Secrets of the Zoo.
Secrets of the Zoo is a show about the doctors and caretakers and animals that are at the Columbus Zoo & The Wilds. I love getting a behind the scenes view of the babies, learning all of the animal names, and just getting to see cute animals in a way that feels real. When I lived in KC we had cable so I could watch season 1 on Nat Geo Wild. This week I found out that it is on Hulu also, so I watched season 2 multiple times. I definitely want to make a trip to the Wilds & Zoo in the near future so I can see all the animals in real life!


2. Bunny socialization. 
I went to the Ohio House Rabbit rescue on Saturday to visit the bunnies. My favorite was Bandit (pictured above) he's an adorable fluffy lionhead. They have open hours Saturday & Sunday noon- 4pm and Wednesdays 5:30-7:30pm where you can go and visit. They even have volunteer signs ups where you can sign up to hangout with the buns which I will definitely be doing.


3. Little Women & Uncut Gems. 

I went to see Little Women & watched Uncut Gems over a week ago so this wasn't exactly this week but they have been on my mind since then and are definitely the best movies I've seen in a while! Greta Gerwig absolutely killed it with little women. It included all of the essential parts, Amy falling through the ice, the horrific book burning, the limes, and the girl's plays while still not sounding too old even though it was written over 100 years ago. I lovedddd Amy's clothes and like everyone else enjoyed getting to see her "grown up". I was obsessed with Anne of Green Gables & Little Women when I was little and would pretend like I was Jo/Anne.

Uncut Gems is like any movie I've ever seen. It's probably rated R or PG13 (fyi). Adam Sandler is perfect in it, it seems like he is the character. The interview with the Safdie brothers, Adam Sandler & Terry Gross on fresh air is really good too. I can't wait until it comes to Netflix US so I can watch it with my brothers.

Stasher Reusable Bags

4. Re-usable bags. 

I will never use another plastic bags with these Stasher colorful reusable plastic bags. I got the sandwich size and the gallon size. Since I moved into my own apartment I actually haven't bought plastic bags but there were definitely uses where they woulda been beneficial and all I had was Tupperware things and plastic wrap. You can put them in the dishwasher and microwave too.

5. Jon & Kate Plus 8 

I don't remember what made me think of Jon & Kate plus 8  this week but I got on a kick catching up on them and started watching the old episodes on some TLC roku app that's free. I introduced Brendan to it too, he probably didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I think it was the first TV show that I loved that I had him watch. there's like 3 shows I really liked pre-him actually so that isn't that big of a deal. I was devastated / in denial when they announced their divorce and remember exactly where I was in my friend's basement watching.



No comments:

Post a Comment