Sunday, August 11, 2019

8.10.19

Brendan went to Ikea with me because I needed to get a dish drying rack thing and 2 picture frames. Previously whenever I went to Ikea I thought "oh this would be fun if Bren was here" lol so not fun IRL because we were both starving, claustrophobic, I felt rushed, Bren's allergies were SO bad, and all of the above combined with how Ikea is set up just wasn't good. We didn't eat there because we didn't want to deal with the line and I don't think Bren thought the food looked good (i obvi love the food there). I got a hotdog on the way out and suggested Roosters lol because I'd never been and fries sounded good. The wings we thought would help with Bren’s nose. I was possibly a little hungover from whole foods wine tasting the night before so the whole day had that feeling. After Roosters we went to Kroger to get a birthday card for Bren's mom and we were really close to his parents house so we went there and hungout with his mom for a little. I was supposed to go to the pool with Caitlin so we were in a hurry to get back. Sidenote - in general I suck at making plans or doing anything with anyone else if I am with another person currently. It was like almost 2 by the time Bren & I got back to my area and Caitlin was leaving the pool so I went with Bren to the minute clinic because his allergies or something were like super bad like he couldn't really breathe the past few days lol. The minute clinic ended up being as helpful as expected (not at all). I almost fell asleep while sitting in the plastic chair waiting in CVS, I was that tired all day. When I lived in KC I was in a play with these awesome nuns, the little sisters of the lamb. Bren didn't see the live version of the play but I had a recording on my computer so I had him watch that, it's pretty long like 1.5 hours but I could watch it infinitely obvi. The whole play thing was actually so cool I loved practicing every weekend and just saying I was in a play. Then we thought there was free late night slice and beer at homage down the street from me so I ventured out, still wearing my bathing suit. They must've been out or something though when we got there. I tried on some levis in tigertree like I do pretty much every time I pass it and it was like 5:40 ish at this point. I'd never been to that tastings wine place and heard good things and I love trying things and it was 900 ft away so we tried to go there but "Patrick" and some chick had some private event there so it was closed until 6. We went to local bar across the street until we could go back to tastings. everyone in there was lit and like singing songs but it was a perfect place feeling wise for right then. We sat at the bar and got a miller lite and pbr (i was recommended that because i asked for old style).

We went back to tastings and did the tasting thing for a little bit and got some of the snacks (brie and stuff). I annoyingly laughed out loud for like 5 minutes after Bren commented on us being at a wine tasting when he literally couldn't taste anything because of his allergies. We walked back to my place and I put a frozen pizza in the oven and Bren turned on fleabag. I was like dead tired even though it wasn't late at all so I was laying on the couch and Brendan was like walking around kinda, I didn't think anything of it at all though when his allergies are really bad he'll like pace and sneeze it's pretty norm. At some point Bren asked if I was okay or mad or something, which he usually does if I am ever quiet for more than a few seconds. This is actually not annoying and kinda an essential part of our relationship I think and a lot of times correct. I think I maybe was a little stressed about work or something like a tad, but said "no, i'm fine". Bren was like opening the closet and then came out and said he was like anxious, when he was in the closet, I didn't really think anything of it because he'll like examine paint in places I live or do weird stuff like a lot but when he said the anxious thing I think I was like OMG this is happening rn. Then everything was kinda a blur but he said he had to like show me something and had me go over and he got down on 1 knee or whatever you do and said something like cute that I can't remember and asked me to marry him and I was like fluttery feeling and at some point fleabag must've been paused because it was the amazon credit thing the next time I looked at the TV. I started crying and was like omg I love this ring and I think jumped into like nurture mode and was like omg are you okay to Bren. I also am hoping I said yes at some point? This feels too long, and if you've read this far sorry for all the run on sentences and stream of consciousness. The day was a very normal Saturday. I couldn’t sleep so I’m just typing this for my mem at 3 AM. The whole thing still doesn't feel really real but it feels good and now I'm just wondering how do you lose weight in your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment