Friday, November 17, 2023

Catholic Christmas Gifts for Kids

I thinkkkk I have completed all of my Christmas shopping. I really tried to get it all done before Advent this year so it wouldn't take up time during Advent, but something else will probs come up. We do the something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. The something you need doubles as a "want" usually. I also put little things in stockings. 

Here is a round up of Catholic gifts for kids, I might add more later as I think of things, I might not.



I don't have this, so not sure exactly how large it is in real life but kids love taking things out and putting them back in. Would love to see a little carrying the little Holy Fam around.


Bruno asks to play "Saint puzzle" almost every day. Sometimes I say, "can you find 'X' letter?" or ask him to find the different Saints. There are little quotes or bits of biographical information about each Saint on the back, as well as their feast day. Bruno is really into asking what each Saint's feast day is. 



These blocks are probably my favorite Catholic gift ever. I'm planning on starting a yearly tradition of using the fun Jen Fulwiler Saint of the Year Name Generator  to pick a patron Saint for the year for all members of my family, then buying the Saint block for each of the Saints (assuming a block exists for that Saint), then having the people in my family pick a block out of the hat and claiming that Saint as their patron Saint buddy for the year. I plan on doing this during the calendar New Year, not "Catholic New Year". Anyways, the pictures on these blocks are so lovely and they can be stacked, or put in vehicles for play. We keep ours on our little altar table. 



I got this book for Peter, even though it's kinda for me because he isn't really into toys but it will keep his attention at Mass for a few minutes. 

I don't have this book but it looks super sweet. It is about the Saints and their animal friends! 

We have a different set of Saint magnets but I like these more because they are a little more substantial since they are wood. I like playing "find the Saint" with Bruno and Peter enjoys taking magnets off the fridge where he can reach.

This etsy shop has fleece blankets or the swaddle material swaddles you can get with custom Saint names. You can also request the Saint image or symbols you want too. When P was born, I got a 'Peter Vianney' blanket with images of St. Peter, St. John Vianney, keys, a cross, and a rosary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment