Sunday, March 14, 2021

2nd Trimester Recap

 The 2nd trimester was largely enjoyable and uneventful. I stopped feeling super sick around 15 weeks. I still would throw up occasionally in the mornings, I even did randomly at 18 weeks and 25 weeks but by 15 weeks I really started feeling better nausea wise until I just felt totally normal. Life feeling sick vs. life not was exponentially different, I really just looked forward to going to bed every day when I was feeling sick and couldn’t believe how people dealt with this and the remainder of the 2nd trimester I could actually see why people liked and could miss being pregnant. 


I didn’t feel the baby move until later than normal, probably because I have an anterior placenta rn and in general I feel like I am kinda not in tune to what is going on lol. The first time I felt the baby move without a doubt was 1/16 (22 weeks), before that there were some super questionable movements. When the big move happened I think I was getting out of a chair and I kinda screamed and was like “that cannot happen” it felt like my body was going one way and the baby was going the other way like a flip. It didn’t hurt or anything it just felt sooo weird and like startling. I think I started regularly feeling the baby move the evening of 2/13 and I have since then. It is pretty subtle and doesn’t hurt at all. I love putting my hand on my stomach and feeling the baby move, it makes me think of when you’re at the beach and see a dolphin come out of the water and wait for it to pop up again for air and its exciting each time. 


Helpful Things

  • Yoga Ball - I borrowed one from my parents super early like Thanksgiving and started using it as my work chair and have loved it. I’m not to the uncomfortable all the time phase yet but think this will be even more useful when I get there.
  • Pregnancy pillow - I got this one, pretty early on in the first trimester just because it was one of the cheapest ones on Amazon (it was $32.95 at the time). I slept on my stomach because it was still comfortable for really long, probably up until about a month ago. I brought the pillow into bed maybe halfway through the 2nd trimester and don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner it is the perfect little cocoon and I sleep super comfortably. I’ve slept weirdly so well the whole pregnancy there’s been like 3 nights where maybe its because I had caffeine those days but it feels like it takes really long to fall asleep but I still feel more well rested the next day compared to how I would feel pre pregnancy. It kinda feels like I am half asleep when I am trying to fall asleep. Every other night I fall asleep pretty immediately and don’t wake up at all throughout the night, I don’t know if its just that I am so tired by the time I go to bed or what. 

Eating - I still haven’t craved one specific food for an extended time or anything but in the 2nd trimester I definitely started craving sweet things like ice cream etc. I was having these little Friendly’s sundaes basically daily up until Lent (gave up sweets). 

Wearing - I feel like I’ve been wearing basically the same thing every day. I usually rotate comfy sweatpants or joggers that I wore pre pregnancy with regular t-shirts. I got these maternity jeans from j.crew factory and they are okay but the stomach part would be comfier if they didn’t have the extender or the lower back imo. I’m excited for the warmer weather so I can wear t shirt dresses and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. aww love this! and love that you know the dates of everything! can't wait to meet baby G!

    ReplyDelete